Duration: 3 days 2 nights
Cost: Click Here for our latest pricing
Depart by 4WD to Ras Al Junaiz via the scenic, rugged coastal route. Tour the coastline offering breathtaking glimpses of the blue waters if the Gulf of Oman.
Visit the picturesque Wadi Arbayeen with its deep pools of blue-green water before heading to Bimah Sinkhole, a natural limestone crater. Visit the mausoleum of Bibi Miryam (Virgin Mary) at Qalhat. Continue via the windy coastal road to Ras Al Junaiyz, a sanctuary for the green turtles. Dinner. Then drive to Ras Al Jinz Scientific Centre to watch the turtles nesting in the sands. Overnight at the Scientific Centre. (B/D).
For those interested in watching the hatchlings, the early morning hors are perfect. Then proceed to Wani Bani Khalid with its small pretty villages embedded in the mountains. Head to the Wahiba Sands, a vast mass of undulating red and white sea of sand dunes rising up to 200 metres. (B/D)
Depart for the Al Hamra village of Misfah then drive to Wadi Ghul with its terrace farming and Wadi Nakher. Proceed to Jebel Shams. Stop at Oman’s highest mountain peak and view Oman’s Grand Canyon.
Visit the famous Palace of Jabrin, built in the late 17th Century and became s seat of Omani learning. Visit the Round Tower Fort at Nizwa and then into the Nizwa Souq, famous for its silver and Omani wares. Drive to Muscat visiting the pretty village of Birkhat Al Mauz. Enjoy a walk through the lush date plantations before returning to Muscat. (B)
- Accommodation on twin sharing BB basis or 1 night at Ras Al Jinz Scientific Centre & 1 night at The View.
- Dinner included on Day 1 & 2.
- Transportation in air-conditioned luxury 4WD for 3 days.
- Services of our English speaking chauffeur.
- All entrance fees.
- Fuel charges
- Children 8-12 years go as adults.
- Suggest that pax carry own picnic lunch
- For physically active people
- Never approach turtles emerging from the sea or disturb nesting turtles – flashlights are PROHIBITED. Best photo opportunity is early morning around 5:30 am.
- Carry light pullovers in dark colours only.
- Carry only 1 small overnight bag due to limited baggage space.
How to Book
Please contact your local travel agent to make tour arrangements.