Tour Highlights: city tour of Istanbul, optional tour of St. Sophia and Bosphorus Cruise, Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, optional Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Hierapolis, Ancient ruins of Ephesus, Ancient Troy famous for its wooden horse, ANZAC Cove and Gallipoli.
Departures: All Year Round
Duration: 11 Days & 10 Nights
Cost: From $1245
DAY 1 – Istanbul
Upon arrival, you will be met by one of our representatives and transferred to your hotel.
DAY 2 – Istanbul
Full day tour including the Topkapi Palace (excluding harem), Hippodrome, the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia and the Grand Bazaar. B
DAY 3 – Istanbul – Ankara
This morning, (optional) tour of St. Sophia and Bosphorus Cruise. Afternoon departure for Ankara around 3pm and overnight in Ankara. BD
DAY 4 – Ankara – Cappadocia
View the magnificent Hittite artifacts at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Visit also the Mausoleum of Ataturk, father of modern Turkey, and the underground city of Sarhatli. Drive to Cappadocia, touring a 13th century caravan en route. Overnight in Cappadocia. BD
DAY 5 – Cappadocia
Early morning optional tour: Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Experience the thrill of floating through volcanic valleys, fairy chimneys and caves with the sunrise over Cappadocia. After breakfast, visit Göreme, Avanos, Pasabagi, the Red Valley, and take a brief pottery workshop in a cave. Dinner and overnight in Cappadocia. BD
DAY 6 – Cappadocia – Pamukkale
Drive to Pamukkale. En route, visit the famous mausoleum of the sufi philosopher Mevlana. Drive to Pamukkale. Dinner and overnight. BD
DAY 7 – Pamukkale – Kusadasi
Enjoy an early morning visit to the unique Cotton Fortress, the white calcium cascades, at Pamukkale. Take in one of the first modern spa centres of the ancient world, Hierapolis. We then drive to Kusadasi. Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi. BD
DAY 8 – Ephesus & St. Mary’s House – Kusadasi
Full day tour of the famous ruins of Ephesus and St. Mary’s Cottage where she spent her last years. Afternoon optional tour of Sardis or Sirince. Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi. BD
DAY 9 – Pergamum – Troy – Canakkale
Visit the ancient Medical Centre, Asclepion in Pergamum. Later today tour Troy with its famous wooden horse and continue onto Canakkale where we will spend the night. BD
DAY 10 – Dardanelles – Gallipoli – Istanbul
Morning departure heading for Gallipoli where we will visit ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine Cemetery, Chunuk Bair. Return to Istanbul and overnight. B
DAY 11 – Istanbul – Return
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight. B
Note: Many other hotels are available. Please contact Touchdown Tours if you have a specific preference.
Please contact Touchdown Tours for our latest pricing
Please contact Touchdown Tours for our latest inclusions
Bookings can be made by completing a booking form and sending it with a deposit of $550 per person to:
Touchdown Tours Pty. Ltd.
PO Box 2018
Preston, Vic. 3072
Further information can be obtained by telephoning:
Toll Free: 1800 657 441
Telephone: (03) 9482 5215
View Booking Conditions
- Prices are per person
- A deposit of $550 per person is required to secure your place
- Balance is due 60 days prior to departure
- Credit card fees of 2% apply for Mastercard & Visa transactions
- The tour prices are based on airfare, general transport, accommodation and other costs at foreign exchange rates at 12 February 2013. Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the original price quoted, Touchdown Tours reserves the right to amend the pricing, or modify the itinerary should these factors change. In an unlikely such event, we shall also give paid passengers the option to withdraw with a full refund of monies paid if the price increase is greater than 10% of the original price.
- Changes: After confirmation of travel arrangements, one change to travel arrangements will be provided free of charge. Subsequent changes to travel arrangements will incur a fee of $35 per amendment.
- Cancellation Charges: Cancellation more than 60 days from the date of departure from Australia will incur a cancellation fee of $550 per person, in addition to any fees charged by hoteliers, suppliers or airlines. Cancellations 60 days or less from the date of departure will result in the loss of all monies paid. Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover the cost of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
No refunds apply for unused services during the tour.
- Travel Documents: All passengers will need to be in possession of a passport which is valid for 6 months from the date of intended return to Australia.
Australian passport holders do not require a visa to enter Greece. If you hold a passport of a different nationality, it is your responsibility to please check visa regulations.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover any unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Please contact Touchdown Tours for suggestions and full details of policies available through our office.
- Baggage: 1 suitcase not weighing more than 23kg per person. 1 small carry-on suitcase not weighing more than 7kg per person. Additional charges may apply for portage during the tour, as well as at airports, should you have more than the specified limit.
- Changes to the tour itinerary: Touchdown Tours reserves the right to make changes to the tour itinerary to fit in with operational requirements. Any change to the itinerary will be replaced with similar arrangements with an equal or greater value.
- Minimum Tour Numbers: The tour has been priced on the basis of a minimum of 10 passengers having booked 60 days prior to the date of departure. Touchdown Tours reserves the right to cancel the tour, giving a full refund of all monies paid or offer arrangements to proceed with the tour at a modified price.
- Responsibilities: Touchdown Tours acts only as agents in making arrangements with airlines, hoteliers and other service providers for the tour. As a result we cannot accept liability for any act or omission whatsoever, whether negligent or otherwise of those carriers, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with the tour over whom we have no direct or exclusive control. We do not accept responsibility for any injury, damage, loss, delay, change of schedule or any other events which are beyond our direct control, such as, but not limited to, war, terrorism, flood, fire, civil disturbance, acts of God, acts of Government, or any other authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment, or industrial action. The passage contract in use by the carriers concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies or firms and the purchasers of these tours. Baggage is at own risk throughout the tour. The contract shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria.